Thursday 5 January 2012

Project Pan empties: -1

Hi all, I was originally going to continue my project X pan posts but it took me 2 days to upload my second video and when it finally did, I found out the freaking video got cut in half, and this was at 2am! *blood pressure rising* So now I have to redo this video, but I only have the time to do it on the weekend, so there's a change in schedule for my blog posts :)

I actually have a lot of skincare products lying about, so I've been on a no-buy since 20 Dec 2011 and I want to continue it for as long as I can, unless I run out of something like eye-cream. These are the empties that I finished in December so I won't include them in the count for 2012, where my dream is to finish 100 empties! (fat hope of that happening)


Makeup removers
1. L'oreal Gentle Eye Makeup remover: Usual bi-phase eye remover, with the usual problems of removing Japanese mascara.

2. Clarins Cleansing Milk: My mom passed it to me, and it does work to remove makeup, but don't ever use it on your eyes! They stung so badly even after washing them out :(

3. Maybelline Eye Makeup remover: See above.


Moisturizers
4. Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Face Cream: Bought this because of all the rave reviews on Amazon. Absorbs quickly on your face, so much so that I sometimes wonder if I need to apply more moisturizer. Had a weird smell towards the end though.

5. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion: This was so old that there was dust on it. Hesitated to apply this on my face, so instead I applied to my chest and my back where zits occasionally popped up. Didn't feel any difference really.

6. Unkown moisturizer: Found this when I cleaned my bathroom cabinet. I have totally no idea when or where I bought this moisturizer, so I just used it on my body. Smelled like chemically constructed aloe vera, like what you would think aloe vera should smell like, and it actually felt quite greasy on my skin. Glad that it's gone.

Randoms
7. The Body Shop Olive Body Scrub: The second tub I ever bought, and I quite enjoy it but I have a few body bars that have scrubby bits so I'll just use those for my exfoliating needs.

8. Shokobutsu Green Tea Facial foam: I used this for a short while but then I started on my dermatologist recommended cleanser so I delegated this to body. Lathers up to a nice slip but it's almost too smooth for me *shrugs*
9. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil: Finally finished this after leaving it at home and only using it on the weekends for 8 months! I kept trying to determine if this was breaking me out the entire time I was using it. Up to now I still have not figured it out so I might rebuy this after a while thanks to all the hype online about this.

10. Silk Naturals Fire-Cinnamon Lip Balm: Hated the taste and smell of it, a very spicy taste, not of the chili variety but of herbs. Moreover, it got really soft and gross after a while so when I apply it, I occasionally get a headache from the smell and thick feel of it on my lips. It was used only at night and I jumped for joy when it finally finished!


What I redeemed
Since I used up 10 products, I got to redeem $50 worth of skincare products that I had bought but not used (i.e anything I bought from November 2011 onwards) My chosen products are the Pond's Cleansing Cream, Ecotools retractable brush and the Cleansing express eye makeup remover. Hope to finish another 10 products soon!

Love,
Tabby

No comments:

Post a Comment