Tuesday 6 December 2011

Review: Coastal Scents contouring palette

A review on the Coastal scents contouring palette, one of my P10 pan items. Summary: It is trash, do not waste your money.

So why is it so bad?


Looks alright, just a bit plain. It is a pain to open sometimes, as it can snap shut quite tightly.


Top row: white, yellow, pink
Bottom row: Peach, brown and pink


Swatches in that order. As you can see the peach and yellow do not show up on my skin at all. The primary problem with all of them is that they are chalky to the core and hard to blend out. Moreover, the blushes are simply indistinguishable from one another!

 My P10 Pan product was the contouring brown shade right? So what's wrong with it?



This is what wrong with it. Just look at it, I tried to blend it out but the most concentrated part is still the intial point of contact when my powder covered finger touched the skin. All my brushes, no matter how soft or whether they are stippling brushes, encounter this problem as the intial part where the powder was deposited will always be darker than the surrounding area. So there have been days where my cheeks or the sides of my faces are much darker than the other coutoured part. No one likes a line running across their face but this was the effect that it gave! No amount of blending worked, so for such a crappy product, it deserves the bin. The other powders has no effect on me (yellow and peach) or are too crappy (white, the 2 pinks) to salvage this palette. Cheap palette and cheap product. Absolute waste of money

Summary: Don't waste your money on this. Give it to charity rather than to own this palette.

Rating: 1/5 Toss! (and with pleasure) 

Love,
Tabby

No comments:

Post a Comment