Saturday 29 October 2011

Depotting most of my eyeshadows at 1am

So last night in the spirit of adventure and restlessness, I decided to depot all my small eyeshadow palettes and put them into the same container. This saves time and allows you to see shadows from palettes that you don't usually use. Seeing = higher chance of using that shadow. For me it was a chance to destroy and poke palettes that I don't really like :P

There are a few ways to depot shadows, one is by cutting the plastic around it and pry it out, another is the heat method by either melting the glue with a flat iron or a microwave. I didn't want to risk the chance of cutting/burning myself so I decided to use the alcohol method to dissolve the glue, courtesy of watching Jen's video The idea is to drop rubbing alcohol onto the sides of the pan to dissolve the glue around it. I bought my alcohol from Guardian a while back, so I started cracking them out!


Literally. Good thing most bloggers recommend starting out with a shadow that is your least favourite. I really don't like this silvery blue, way too frosty on my warm toned skin.

And it's out! Look at all the pretty light blue dusts and holes gouged in *whistles*


One of my first 2 palettes that was given to me. Way too frosty on my eyes. Turned me away from blue shimmery eyeshadow for a long long time. Even till now, I have quite an aversion for light blue eyeshadow and it didn't help that my eyeshadow application skill was non-existent at the time!


The other palette that I received along with the Cyber Shine eyes. The missing palette is the pink shadow, I forgot that I have not taken a photo till after I was done! Through Google, I finally figured out that my palette is the Michelle Yeoh palette. Just by looking at the photo, you can already tell what my problem with this palette is. She looks like she has an eye infection on her top lid for goodness sake. 

The back. Manufactured in 2007?!

The shadows are placed really tightly with into their slots, so I really had to dig to get them out.

Finally, after trying out on various eyeshadows, I lifted my chin up and decided to depot my NYX shadows, which were my favourite singles out of them all

Nude is the same colour as my lid and Brown when used with a damp brush is a little darker than my natural eye contour colour

They were really easy to depot though, lots of loose spaces in the corners :D

So pretty. So bulky.

I think this shade is in the theBalm shady lady volume 3?

So much product, how will I ever finish this. It's also a red tinted brown and knowing how I feel about red eyeshadows... I guess its time for me to experience applying eyeshadow as lipstick

My other small and pretty palettes! Should I? Why shouldn't I?! (spot the odd palette out, no prizes for guessing right)

I was in the midst of trying to depot this Kate palette when I realised that the cream eyeshadow on the extreme right cannot be removed :O So my kate palettes get to stay in one piece thanks to the cream eyeshadow

This palette popped out without any alcohol at all! Bought this from another person's stash. Honestly, I haven't even tried it yet

RD?! Another red palette?! This one looks a bit closer to pink tones though


You can tell how cheap makeup is when the metal container bends so easily



Honestly, these are pretty colours but they are so sparkly and not in a nice way


Fruits of my labour


My Unii palette is holding my La Femme blushes so I found an old abacus container from when I was 8 (!) and organized them there. Hopefully now that I can see most of them, they can be used more often.

Project 10 pan update: I walked into Watsons today and walked out without buying anything even though there was a sale on Silkygirl's lipgloss. So proud of myself. So this is day 3 without buying any makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment