Saturday 29 October 2011

Project 10 Pan Skincare edition

A short introduction to project 10 pan: a scheme for hoarders of makeup/skincare like myself to use up the products on our list before we can buy new ones. A skincare/makeup diet of sorts. In its original form, it only applies to makeup, but it can be adapted for skincare as well. The goal is to save money, explore your stash and play around with makeup by limiting choices (how ironic). Most of my money is drained by makeup but I do have occasional skincare crazes so I decided to do use up some of them before I invest into even more skincare!  I'm not including sunscreen or makeup removers since these are essentials but I need to slim down my skincare collection from those crazy moments where I believed the marketing schtick of slimming/clear skin/whitening/wrinkle free.

I was supposed to update a few days ago but my laptop died and I forgot to bring my charger from home. So here's the overdue skincare 10 pan!

                              (sorry for the messy table and poor Iphone 3G pics, trying to get a camera soon!)

(L-R, Burt's Bees Honey Lipbalm, Silk Naturals Fire- Cinnamon Lip Balm, L'oreal Youth Code Eye cream, Clarins Advanced Extra-Firming Eye contour serum)

My lips and eyes products! The Silk Naturals lipbalm is finishing soon, but I have a long long way to go for the Burt's Bees Lipbalm. I can't really comment on the Clarins or Lóreal eye cream since I don't have fine lines near my eyes, but this could be due to age or my use of differin. Either way, the cream are more for preventive care, so reviews will probably focus on whether they are too thick and give milia or pimples around the area.



(L-R, Silk Naturals Green Tea & Aloe serum, Physiogel Cream, St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer, Missha Cool Fitting Body Gel, Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream and Missha Time Revolution White Cure Dark Control Cream)

I bought the Silk Naturals serum when I was trying to combat my oily skin, and the Physiogel when my skin was peeling! My skin crazy, I know. The St Ives Facial moisturizer is a hard one for me, I bought it because of all the reviews on Amazon.com but I was a little freaked out by the high mineral oil content in the jar. So instead I'm using this moisturizer as a part time makeup remover, I'll double cleanse with it, followed by my cleanser in the shower. Since mineral oil is used for makeup removal and moisturizers are meant to be used and left on the face, it can't be too bad right?

The Missha items were bought in South Korea when I was shopping at Incheon airport. It was before the duty free section, outside the departure gate that I saw Etude House and Missha having a 50% sale! Barely saw any tourists or locals there but spotted many air stewardess in their airline's trademark uniforms :D Most of the items were gone, especially from the White Cure line so I grabbed what was left. Some people buy 'holiday clothes', clothes that you think are nice overseas, but when you go back to your native country, you can't figure out when or where to wear them. I buy 'holiday skincare', I'm really not into whitening (I'm yellowish tone by nature) and I find most slimming products to be a bit of a hoax. The Clarins handcream was a gift but my (fussy/picky) mom loves this product. All of them are definitely interesting items that I'll be reviewing in the future! Thinking about it 4 of the above items are 'holiday skincare' and 2 others are online buys. Oh the ways that I've been spending my money...

Total cost of this project 10 pan = ~SGD$200? Can't remember most of the prices since I bought them a long time ago and I need to finish up before they expire!

Tomorrow is my makeup 10 pan post! (or is it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment