Thursday 17 November 2011

Project $50 10 Pan - Makeup

Let's just get this one out since I'm feeling determined to stay on this no buy.

The rules for this is:

1) After using 10 products, a reward of $50 for makeup will be allowed. This can be accumulated for purchases later in the year. Until the 10 products are used up, I will not purchase any beauty product.

2) This applies to skincare and makeup items. For lipsticks, I have to use finish the allocated 5 lip products before I can purchase another one, for which a budget of $10 is given.

3) I will aim to use finish the items stated but if another item is used up, that also counts as part of the products.

The aim of this project is to:

1) Save money

2) Use the makeup that I have accumulated in a short span of time and finish them before they expire

So here are the 10 items in question,


Item 1: The bronzer in this Coastal Scents contouring palette that I bought 2 years ago (eek!). It's a bit orange but since I'm pretty tanned now it's not so obvious so I'll try to use this as much as I can.


Item 2: Za 2 way foundation cake 22


My first foundation ever. Used this until I bought into the hype about BB creams


Usually I apply using a wet sponge but I've been using a powder brush which makes it go down soooo slowly.

Actually I won't be using this for a while because when I went to the Mac counter, I realised that through un-intended tanning, I have gone from NC25 to NC40! So I'll be using the Studio Sculpt foundation in NC40 until I fade back to my normal colour. Then I'll go back to this


Item 3: NARS Concealor Duo in Vanilla/Honey


Insanely pale on me right now, so I'll probably try to mix it around to get close to my skintone.




Not much of a dent huh?


Item 4: UD Primer Potion that came with my Naked palette


Item 5: Heroine Make long and curl mascara. Number 1 in a Japanese cosmetic user-review website, someone needs to tell me why!


Item 6 and 7: Loreal HIP pencil in Gold Charge and Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil in Metallic Bronze


Item 8: A palette of 4 eyeshadow colours that I pulled together from my depotted shadows as I'm trying to finish my unwanted shadows before I start on my precious palettes. The shades are easy and wearable except for the purple shade, which I'm a bit adverse towards

Item 9: La Femme blush in Satin Rose. I chose this shade to be my staple blush as it's in the same bluish-pink tones as my most hated lip products in my Project 5 lip pan, so hopefully having a similar colour on my cheek will make me look less dead/freaky. La Femme blushes are so pigmented and you need so little that I wonder if I will ever hit pan on this =(

Last but not least: Etude House LuciDarling Eyeliner pen.

In order to keep to this makeup ban, I shall no longer visit Musings of a muse or Temptalia, sites that I visit practically everyday and are huge enablers for buying makeup, at least not until I finish 10 products first!

Wish me luck,
Tabby

[Edit: I forgot to stipulate that this is until Dec 31 2012, so I have a year to re-organize my makeup and skincare collection]

2 comments:

  1. good luck!! i should do a P10P soon too xD but im so weak >_< how is the ZA cake? it got such good reviews but they dont sell it in the states :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Isabella I'm struggling through my P10P, but I gain new resolve when I stare at the bags containing my lipstick collection.

    The ZA cake isn't amazing on me, I find that it has poor oil control and tends to emphasis my pores, but my sister loves this thing. Going to try a few of my powder foundations as I shift back to my original skintone before I make my verdict upon it

    ReplyDelete