Wednesday 23 November 2011

Project $10 5 Pan Lips

So the final project pan I'll be doing is the Project $10 5 Pan Lips.

Like the name suggests, the rules of the game are:

1) I have to finish 5 lip products of my choice before I get any new lip products

2) After finishing the allocated amount, I get a budget of $10 to spend on only lip products

3) This low-buy is going to continue until Dec 31, 2012

4) If I can finish other lip items first (which I highly doubt), they will be counted in too

I just have so many lipsticks! I need containers and a bag just to contain them, so I must just get rid of these things and find the balance between what I like and what fits my face.

So without further ado, here are the 5 lip items I want to finish


(L-R, Body Shop Hi-shine treatment in this mauve-pink colour, NYX Lips in Love Angel, Morgana Cryptoria Lip Balm in Coventry, Mac Satin finish lipstick in Mocha, NYX round lipstick in Doll)


I got this as part of a set years ago, and this is the only remaining lipgloss that I found. The rest have been thrown away or lost, as I'm not really a lipgloss person.


Got this at a blog sale, I thought it was the round lipstick, I didn't even know that this range of NYX lipsticks existed till I received it.


Dented at the side because it is so soft and creamy that when you apply directly to your lips, it bends the lipstick a little. So now I use a lip brush to apply it. This is how much that is left.


It looks so new because it is new! The most wearable shade of the lip balms that I got from Morgana Cryptoria frankly. Sadly she has discontinued the line of lip balms.


My third mac lipstick ever. It came out with the Surf Baby collection, the first mac collection that I purchased from, but I didn't want to spend that much as it's a permanent item. So I got my friend to custom purchase it from the airport where it's much cheaper ($21 vs $30 for surf baby packaging)





I got this based on the recommendation of emilynoel83, as she touted it as an easy wearable red. Personally, I find it the shade to be more of a rose colour. I've realized that I'm pretty conservative when it comes to makeup and I'm slowly trying to get myself to wear bolder shades.


Such a cute name


L-R, Swatches of Body Shop Hi-shine treatment in this mauve-pink colour, NYX Lips in Love Angel, Morgana Cryptoria Lip Balm in Coventry, Mac Satin finish lipstick in Mocha, NYX round lipstick in Doll)

I like Coventry the most since it's a sheer mauve brown shade, very close to my lips but better (MLBB), Mocha is a bit too much of a cream for me, Doll is a rose brown, but the biggest problem is Love Angel and the body shop lip gloss since they are so blue toned which pops and looks very unnatural on my warm skintone.

Surprisingly, my tan has helped the most in this aspect, when I wear such baby pink lips, I look less like a badly made up corpse, and more like a badly made up woman. Dead -> alive, vast improvement of a sort! The sheerer and warmer baby pink Body Shop lipgloss also looks nicer against my current NC40 skintone than my old NC25 skintone. So I'm trying to use this opportunity to get as much use as possible from my lighter lipsticks.

Love,
Tabby

1 comment:

  1. Hey, tabby!

    Looks like we have some similar ideas and concepts. You know I'm down with anyone who wants to reduce their stash, haha! ;)

    Good luck with all your goals and plans. It sure isn't easy - and often we're not successful with these projects - but it's what you learn through the torture that counts! lol

    I'll be keeping an eye on you now... ;)

    ReplyDelete