Tuesday 22 November 2011

Review: Silk Naturals Cream Eyeliner in Amethyst

My first review ever but that doesn't mean I'm going to give it a free ride.
Silk Naturals is a mineral makeup company and besides their star products, the face and lip products, they also offer skincare and haircare items.

Today's review is on their cream eyeliner in Amethyst.


Amethyst is billed as a deep purple shimmer cream liner that can last for 2 years. First off, the packaging looks pretty cheap, housed in this plastic container. However, since it's a small mineral company, i suppose you can't expect too much.


I originally wanted a purple liner as I've heard that they make brown eyes pop.


This is with one stroke of the liner. No shimmers spotted but very creamy.


After lightly brushing my hand over the line. Look at it bleed!


After vigourous rubbing.


This eyeliner transfer really easily which is the biggest no-no for me since I have:

a) oily skin
b) tapered eyelid on one eye and a hooded monolid on the other

So essentially my monolid rubs against the fold covering it when I blink and then I have a racoon eye on one side, so it looks like I have serious dark circle on one eye. Definitely not pretty. Tightlining alsoseem to lead to smudging on the lower lid so I'm giving up on this eyeliner.

Bottom line: Transfers easily which is not suitable for me.

Verdict: Toss 1/5 [I know I don't really have much to say but I just really dislike this eyeliner, that's all]

No comments:

Post a Comment